Background

Voting

Thursday, July 28, 2005

I am one of *those* parents.

Today is Amiya's last day of swim lessons. It hasn't come a moment too soon. This marks the end of eight weeks spent in or at the pool and in this Florida heat that's a lot of weeks.

She has made remarkable progress since we've begun. Our happy little family went up to our community pool last night only to see Amiya intentionally shoving herself underwater, swimming to a toy she wanted instead of clinging to the wall, bobbing about on a noodle, truly swimming for 10 feet or so and going down the huge, huge waterslide with her Daddy. All this in 8 weeks, 32 classes or 16 hours of instruction. I haven't loved every bit of it and I say I'm becoming one of *those* parents because I had a long, unhappy conversation with the owner after a teacher did something I specifically asked her not to do. (I was fair enough to talk to the teacher first though, so I'm not one of *those really immature* parents who goes straight to the principal.) I complained, I vented, ultimately I was heard and the same thing didn't happen again. That's good. Despite the complaints I have, I am thrilled with her progress and so is her Daddy. More importantly, Amiya has such confidence and enthusiasm for the pool now. It's been well worth the time and money invested.

And, she's a happy little one because she got a tattoo. (Taking after her Uncles already!) It's the SwimKidsUSA logo and her teacher gave it to her yesterday. Amiya's just amazed because unlike the sticker she usually gets, this thing sticks forever!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: