Background

Voting

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Beans beans good for the heart....

Yesterday I went to a new restaurant: Amiya's Restaurant. My name was Talulah (pronounced Taludah!) and my daughter was the server who would only respond to the name The Lady.

The menu at Amiya's was simple, downhome fare which suits me just fine. Chicken and mashed (pronounced mashda) potatoes. Service was even simpler - everyone (Talulah, Bear and Little One) shared one plate and two forks. But, let me tell you, they were the best mashda potatoes I had ever eaten. So, I inquired as to what was in them and was surprised to find that the secret invisible ingredient was green beans! That's right, green beans. Then, a bite of the savory chicken. Mmm. A small bite of this chicken proved it to be the best chicken I had ever eaten and again I asked for the ingredients. Imagine my delight - roasted beans! It seems that Amiya's Restaurant is taking a giant step forward in helping people eat their vegetables by secretly making everything out of beans.

Reservations can be made, but aren't really necessary. This reviewer does recommend bringing your own silverware unless you want stuffed animal fuzz on the community fork. Also, the beverage selection was a little lacking, please consider bringing your own bottle unless you plan on drinking milk, water or Ovaltine with your chicken.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Hey - how was the tikka masala? Did you put peas in the rice?