I should be put in the cellar for bragging about her big girl underwear and toilet success, I know. But come on! Today she again created her own artwork of feces on crib slats and sheets. Because there's nothing more exciting than shit, apparently. Nevermind that she's got Bear, Sonya, books and a crib aquarium to keep her happy. Nevermind that that we swam today for more than an hour so she should have been exhausted.
Shit is all that and then some. I must have missed that memo.
So we're left in a bit of a pickle as to what to do. I know there are a million theories out there and one of them is that this is the time for a spanking. Yet, I can confidently say that Vinay and I disagree with that and in truth, our opinions on spanking are the only that count with our child. We don't believe it's right but insert choice offensive phrase here am I ever tempted. I think she'd get it - don't play with poop! But then I think she'd also get that it's ok to hit when we're angry and I don't want that to be the message of the day.
Instead, she's been in time-out since she got up an hour and a half ago. Harsh it may seem, but she's been sitting on the floor of whatever room I'm working in, so it's not like she's in solitary. She knows I'm angry at her - no hugs and kisses from me for a while.
And the worst punishment: Sonya is in the garbage. During Sonya's short time with us (what's it been - six months?) she's been the victim of at least four poop-smearing fests now and her synthetic doll hair just can't take the spin cycle of the washing machine. More importantly, Amiya loves Sonya and doesn't want to have to part with her, but I know that she'll be able to go to sleep without her, unlike Bear. Poor Bear. He's also frequently pooped, but too vital to a good night's sleep to actually be given a permanent reprieve.

We might just dig Sonya out of the garbage after Amiya's gone to bed and save her for a few years from now when this isn't such an issue. I don't know. Your thoughts?
And, if you'd like to come on down and cleam some excrement from her crib, I'd guess that you should buy your ticket for about three weeks from now. That is if I haven't found some sort of baby chastity belt that restricts all access to the booty.
No comments:
Post a Comment