After a quick stop at the park today, Amiya discovered bits of mulch clinging to her socks as we drove to the grocery store. Taking after the frugal nature of her Mommy (ha ha ha ha ha), Amiya decided that "waste not want not" was the adage of the day and announced that she was going to make mulch soup for Daddy's dinner.
"Oh, the joy" thought Vinay upon hearing the news.
"Oooooh, the fiber!" exclaimed his colon at the exact same moment.
I felt a moral obligation to tell Vinay that this would be awaiting him upon his return from work. Shortly after announcing tonight's menu, Amiya said (and this is a quote), "It's a surprise soup! He'll never know it's mulch!" Um, do you think she's maybe heard me saying that when I sneak tomatoes or eggs into a dish?
In any case, hurry home, Daddy! A thick bowl of mulch soup is waiting for you!
4 comments:
So how did Vinay like the mulch soup? Can Amiya send out the recipe -- it could be a hit on the food network!!!????
Jacki
By the time V got home, mulch soup was but a foggy memory! I'd send the recipe, but you need a "little tikes" kitchen and accompanying plastic pans to cook it. Is Carli willing to share?
We do have a kitchen (not sure what brand) and plenty of "food" and pans!!!! She has been making me spaghetti and meatballs so mulch soup would be an interesting change!!!!!
Jacki
I tried, Jacki, I tried. She won't give up the recipe. I'm sorry. Next time she makes it I'll pay close attention and make some notes for Carli!
Post a Comment