Background

Voting

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

November 7th, 2005

Today was my birthday. It was a nice, calm day as birthday's go and that's what I like. The part that was just a little bit tougher was that it's my 30th birthday! It's not so much the number, but just a realization that I am getting older. I've been wearing contacts for more than half my life, driving for almost half, voting for more than a decade, etc., etc., etc. So while I'm not freaked about the big 3-0, it's just a little startling to realize that some of the things that for so long were milestones are so long in the past. Here's to the future ones then!

For my birthday I was treated to this and this:


I know the picture would be nicer if the gleaming silver bowl were in the mixer, but I've used it so many times that it's hard to find five minutes when it's clean! Vinay also bought me a dozen beautiful red roses - what a man! Amiya treated me to a dozen red-faced tantrums - what a girl! I'm not sure she gets the concept of "gift" because these didn't bring me much happiness and I'd return them if I could.

My birthday dinner was perfect. I'd had a severe pregnancy headache all afternoon, so I told Vinay that all I wanted was for Amiya to be in bed and us to have a quiet meal without cajoling just one more bite of vegetables out of a toddler. I sent him out for a turkey sub, a bag of Doritos and a root beer. Just what a pregnant lady wants I tell you! I had thought of some delicious Thai food or maybe even my Italian favorite eggplant parmesan, but in this (still, annoyingly) hot Florida weather and with a headache, a sub with a cold, cold root beer is just the thing. And, despite all these cake classes, no cake for me. Amazing what being around the stuff so much does to your desire to have it. I need to take an ice cream class, a tortilla chip class, a pizza class, etc. Every class but a salad class and I'd be set.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!! How was the sub????

Jacki

Christy said...

Ya know - for a turkey sub on a birthday it was outstanding!!! Ask Vinay - I generally eschew subs. Why eat cold cuts when there are other options? But this was SO good! :-)