While getting ready to take Amiya to her doctor's appointment today, I was getting ready in our bathroom while she sat on the couch watching Barney. (I know, I know.) The children on the show were singing about things that they like and at one point they must have asked the audience what they liked because Amiya yelled out, "I like Daaaaaaaaaaaddy!" She is a Daddy's girl and it's really, very sweet.
At the doctor's, Amiya was a trooper and waited for over an hour. Why do they get to charge us $25 if we miss an appointment, but we have no recourse if they make us sit in a waiting room full of squirming, runny-nosed toddlers for more than fifteen minutes? Anyway, she was very good and even excited to see our doctor. She checked out just fine - 25 lbs and 32 inches. She's on the small side in height and weight and that's alright as she is developmentally on-schedule. I was a bit worried he'd tell us to start pumping extra calories into her breakfasts and dinners, but he didn't mention it. Whoohoo!
Amiya's new favorite food is Clifford Cereal. It's an organic cereal that is only lightly-sweetened - it's the only kid-oriented cereal that I'll let her pick out. Anyway, she's absolutely in love with it and she kept asking Dr. J today, "Are (do) you like Clifford cereal?" He is probably calling DCFS as I type to tell them I feed our child puppy chow.
No comments:
Post a Comment