Background

Voting

Friday, April 15, 2005

Nuffins

Being a fairly decent Mommy, I've been trying to sneak more healthy foods into Amiya's diet without her knowing it. She loves broccoli, green beans, mushrooms, peas and more, however she hates vezhables. Please don't clue her in. Anyway, I've been using zucchini a lot lately as it shreds up quickly and easily, doesn't change the flavor of lots of things and if peeled, she can't even tell it's there. Mwa ha ha ha ha ha.

So, I've been making these muffins: http://bread.allrecipes.com/az/ZucchiniBreadIV.asp It's a great recipe and they're really yummy, although proving true to the theory that maybe she isn't my child, Amiya doesn't like them all that much. She always begs for a nuffin, but never finishes more than a bite. Here's the catch: (you knew it was coming) they have a lot of oil, a lot of sugar and processed flour. I'm not sure that even the healthiness of zucchini can make up for the unhealthiness of all of that. Therefore, I put on my chef's hat yesterday, read other baker's reviews and revisions of this recipe and tried some. I cut the sugar in half, cut out the oil completely and used 2/3 whole wheat flour, 1/3 white flour.

Hockey pucks. They taste and look like hockey pucks. But ya know what? She loves 'em. She's had two in less than 24 hours. Go figure.


Posted by Hello

No comments: