Background

Voting

Monday, May 16, 2005

I Made This Dress!!!



(I also made the model but that's been established for quite some time.)

I'm taking a sewing class at JoAnn's and we had to pick an easy project for our first effort. I picked a simple dress for Amiya and I'm now hooked! I LOVE sewing! My Mom and Dad think this is going to turn into an obsession with quilting and amassing fat quarters like my Mom, but I swear it's not. I just want to be able to make simple things for around the home. This one certainly isn't perfect - especially the shoulders, but it's cute, she likes that Mommy made it for her and I just can't believe I made this. That's so not me!

I'll tell you about the flowers in a bit.
Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am soo impressed! Can I come to a class with you sometime? I'd like this dress only 10 sizes bigger. There has always been a frustrated seamstress inside me, right next to the frustrated Rockette, in between the pastry chef and the radio DJ...


Carissa