About two weeks ago, we went to a Laurie Berkner concert - she's a really cool lady who sings songs for toddlers. Anyway, she sings about having a song in her tummy and Amiya has taken a liking to this song. Ask me how I know she likes it. Go ahead. It's because I sing it 47,895,398 times per day on average since.
Anyway, last night she was singing this song, while Daddy stood next to her. Quite unexpectedly, Daddy reached down, grabbed Amiya and commenced to "eat" the song out of her tummy making loud monster eating type noises. Usually this is a big hit with Amiya, sure to elicit giggles galore.
Not last night. Oh, no, dear Friends, it was not a good thing.
Amiya promptly dissolved into tears and near hysterics. You see, Daddy told her that he had eaten the song out of her tummy and Amiya couldn't bear this. She loves having a song in her tummy.
This is where I come into the picture. In a flash, I was in my closet, dusting off my Super Mommy cape. I returned to the scene and found Amiya with lower lip quivering and Daddy looking perplexed. I quickly got on my knees, listened to one traumatized toddler's tummy and pronounced that Daddy had missed the song and it was still happily gurgling in Amiya's tummy.
All was well in Tampa.
Long live Super Mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment