...there's nothing good to post on here, yet I know some of you have become blog junkies, therefore I will to satisfy your fix.
Swimming lessons went, well, swimmingly today. Amiya likes it all until the part where I let her go in the water and she has to actually proper herself to the wall. That's no good. Since it's all a routine and we're now 5 days into it, she knows when it's coming. At this point she places one palm on each of my cheeks, pulls my forehead right up to hers and, with doleful eyes, tells me "Amiya no go under wah-ter." At which point I say, "Not yet, but soon." Thunking her forehead against mine, she repeats more forcefully, "Amiya no go under wah-ter." But then she does, in fact, go under water and she doesn't even really hate it until Mr. Alan (the instructor) takes her from me and does it with her. She does just fine - she just doesn't believe she can do it. It is amazing, though, the way her pool-side confidence has gone up. She's climbing in and out like it's just another everyday sort of thing and that's really what we wanted.
On another note, we are trying to break this habit she has of stripping her shoes off of her feet anytime she's in the carseat for more than .2 seconds. Nothing better than being butt-up in the Target parking lot on a scorchingly hot and stiffingly humid day in Tampa, wrestling with a toddler to get her sandals on her feet, ya know? So, today I told her that if she took her shoes off in the car, she couldn't watch Clifford all day. Got home - guess where the shoes were? That's right. On the floor of the car. So no Clifford. Instead, whiny Amiya following me everywhere saying, "I...want...Cliffuh." What lesson is really being learned here? That I shouldn't take away Clifford.
No comments:
Post a Comment