The proof? She sat still long enough for me to put a braid in her hair. I couldn't believe it. Now the world of fun hairstyles is truly upon us. If only I hadn't butchered her bangs the last time I cut them. As a result, she'll be getting them professionally cut so she doesn't look like the guys from Dumb and Dumber at Uncle Mikey's wedding.
In other news, swimming is going well. It's starting to get hot here, so I don't mind being in the pool with her. I just wish she'd leave my swimsuit alone around the chest. She thinks it's quite funny to pull on it and I (of course) move her hand away. She pulls harder. This is a no-win situation - if I don't address it, she's going to expose me. If I do address it, she's going to expose me. So, when you see on the news that a Tampa Mom has been arrested for lewd and lascivious behavior at her daughter's swim class, you'll know the rest of the story.
Who would believe me if I told them that this formerly sleep-impaired child is now sleeping 13 hours a night and two every day for her nap? She goes to bed like a charm, although still asks if "Daddy is gon sit by my door?"
She's taken a new liking to watching TV - she asks for it all the time. As a result, I'm looking through my old teaching tapes for things that are more educational than our favorite big red dog. I've found Zaboomafoos and Stanleys - those are all about animals. She's good with those for now. We're also stopping at the regular pool after swimming lessons so she can play there. I can't imagine what her TV desires would be if we let her watch it all the time when she was younger.
One of the cutest things she does lately is interact in a very soft, non-Amiya manner with little infants. There is a 13 month old in her swimming class and today she was crying, crying, crying. Amiya scooted over next to her on the wall and repeatedly grabbed her hand to give her kisses and help her feel better. Amiya's also friends with Eva (Ava?) who is 18 months old. When she plays with Eva (Ava?) she lowers and softens her voice and helps her to find things by putting her hand on Eva's (Ava's?) lower back. It's very sweet.

2 comments:
Oh my goodness Christy. You are amazing!
Well thank you. I'm all for random praise!
Post a Comment