
These bibs are from Uncle Matt. He bought them when Amiya was 3 months old. We love these bibs and Amiya, especially, loves these bibs. It was love at first sight. First sight was yesterday. That's when they first fit.
This is the fun thing about when men buy clothes for Amiya (and, I've learned, for other little children). They choose adorable things, with loving, loving thoughts but they buy them huge. Another dear relative of Amiya's, Rohit bhayia (cousin), bought her a shirt when she was six months old - it's a size 3T. Her dear Uncle Mikey sent her a Hello Kitty shirt from Japan that might fit her in grade school. Uncle Jon-o has given her two Alaska t-shirts that will work about third grade.
But here's the cool thing - I'm not complaining and I'm not mocking. This girl has always had far too much clothing. I've got things sorted by age and when I came across Uncle Matt's bibs, it was like getting a hug from him all over again. I pulled them out and remembered how touched I was that he thought of her and picked them out just for my girl. I smiled when I thought about the way he played with her just a month or so ago while visiting. When it's finally time for Amiya to wear Rohit bhayia's turtleneck, Uncle Mikey's shirt, and Uncle Jon-o's Alaskan tees, I'll be sure to tell her who gave them to her and just how much these guys love her.
So Men, keep this sort of thing up. It's cute, it's endearing, and it's the kind of gift that just keeps on giving.
This is the fun thing about when men buy clothes for Amiya (and, I've learned, for other little children). They choose adorable things, with loving, loving thoughts but they buy them huge. Another dear relative of Amiya's, Rohit bhayia (cousin), bought her a shirt when she was six months old - it's a size 3T. Her dear Uncle Mikey sent her a Hello Kitty shirt from Japan that might fit her in grade school. Uncle Jon-o has given her two Alaska t-shirts that will work about third grade.
But here's the cool thing - I'm not complaining and I'm not mocking. This girl has always had far too much clothing. I've got things sorted by age and when I came across Uncle Matt's bibs, it was like getting a hug from him all over again. I pulled them out and remembered how touched I was that he thought of her and picked them out just for my girl. I smiled when I thought about the way he played with her just a month or so ago while visiting. When it's finally time for Amiya to wear Rohit bhayia's turtleneck, Uncle Mikey's shirt, and Uncle Jon-o's Alaskan tees, I'll be sure to tell her who gave them to her and just how much these guys love her.
So Men, keep this sort of thing up. It's cute, it's endearing, and it's the kind of gift that just keeps on giving.
No comments:
Post a Comment